11/27/13

Franz Diego to release "Retrograde" December 2nd 2013


Franz Diego will be releasing a 10 song project entitled "Retrograde" Monday December 2nd at Honey in NE Minneapolis with all production on the album done by MC Harv.

Retrograde Sampler:



Here are a few words from Franz about how the project came to be:

"Initially, Retrograde was going to be a 5-6 song EP written during a couple Mercury retrogrades over 2 tracked looped beats made by MC Harv and released immediately online, DIY basement style.  However, MC Harv had also been working on a rap album over his own production and approached me at the end of September to see if I could have the project finished and ready to go by the end of November to join him in his release party and do a dual release.  I agreed and thought it was a good idea to push me to get something out while we attend to some technical difficulties with the full length album I have been working on with Enron Hubbard. But once I brought the songs and the extra stuff I had been playing around with to Jess Listen who had agreed to do a simple and quick recording of the project, he saw where I was going and really liked it and helped pull out of me a few more songs and some awesome mixing and effects that really make this project something more unique. The project was made during Mercury retrogrades to capture the weirdness that I feel and experience during those times."

MC Harv will also be releasing and performing his project "Harvey Dent Volume 2" the same a night and the DJ for the evening will be Frankobaj who is also Harv's brother.